Posted to sci.electronics.repair
b b is offline

Default Sudden Problem with TV

On May 18, 7:38 pm, ginger72 wrote:
Hi - we have a Panasonic TV (approx. 10 years old) which we watch via
a Sky satellite dish. Tonight while watching TV the picture suddenly
went - black background with white 'patch'. The problem didn't seem to
originate from the sat dish but the TV itself. The TV stanby light
still comes on, but the TV itself won't actually work - all we can
hear is a 'pulsing' noise which makes me think the problem could be
power-based - perhaps a surge? (although nothing else was effected).
Does anyone have any advice on what could have caused it and how we
might fix the problem?

Thanks

If you have standby the power supply is probably OK, i'd say as a
guess a dry joint has finally gone, or some problem in the horizontal
output has arisen. unless you generally know what you are doing with
electronics your chances of fixing this are slim to none.