Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Dan is offline

Default Consumer Reports was Does anyone know what are the best rated vacuums?

"N8N" wrote in message
ups.com...
On May 18, 12:26 am, "Dan" wrote:
You're a lucky man;

Why, thank you.

from all I've heard Mitsus are the exception to
the rule when it comes to Japanese cars - the rep among gearhead
circles is that Mitsus are really fun cars to drive and also really
fragile and expensive to repair.

Not sure where you're getting your data, or which unspecified "gearhead
circles" you surveyed, but in keeping with the theme of this thread I should
point out that in 2005 (most recent data I found in a casual search) CR
ranked Mitsubishi 7th out of 36 makes in terms reliability, topped only by
Scion, Lexus, Toyota, Subaru, Honda & Acura, in that order. When you
consider that these 6 brands are actually only 3 companies, placing 4th
ain't bad. It ranked above ALL US & European marques, as well as Infiniti,
Suzuki, Mazda, & Nissan.

A possible exception would be the
DSM cars (Eclipse/Laser/Talon) but those have been out of production
for quite some time.

Yeah, hard to imagine how removing Jeep & Plymouth from the mix (DSM was
Mitsu, Eagle & Plymouth) would DEGRADE quality... Car preference tends to
be a subjective area with much irrational "brand loyalty" and anecdotal
accounts. I can point you to a number of online EVO enthusiast groups where
the cars are quite fiercely supported. All I know (again) is I've had NO
trouble with mine and it's an absolte blast to drive, and in testing it
outpreforms quite a number of cars which cost MUCH more.

I for one think the CR data are just one thing you look at. Not the only
thing, maybe not last word, but worth considering.

Dan