Posted to alt.home.repair
Kiwanda Kiwanda is offline

Default Anchoring new shed to existing pad?

Hi-

The previous owners left us with a 9x12' slab they had poured for a
dog kennel; it happens to be in the same place I want to build a shed.
The slab is 7" deep and though it's an obvious DIY job it has held up
for 10+ Minnesota winters. Assuming I want to build an 8x12 shed on
PT sills atop this slab, what's the best way to anchor the sills?
With a new pour I'd just use bolts but I'm not sure what the best
method is in this case. FYI, we're in tornado country and do see
gusts in the 50-60 MPH range during thunderstorms or blizzards a few
times a year, so I want to make sure this shed stays put.

thanks,

kiwanda