Posted to sci.electronics.repair
n cook n cook is offline

Default Calibration resistors

bz wrote in message
98.139...
"N Cook" wrote in :

What structure/type of resistors would be best for purest R resistors to
make up and be measured with an accurate calibrated measurement bridge.

Over what frequency range will the bridge be used? Over what range of
resistances?

If you are only working with audio frequencies, you can use carbon
resistors, wire wound resistors and metal film resistors.

If you are working at higher frequencies, in the RF region, you must make
sure your resistors are non inductive. Even some metal film resistors have
spiral patterns cut in the metal film, making the resistor into an RF

choke
at some frequencies.

For ultra low resistance readings, 4 wire kelvin connections are necessary
to reduce the error due to the resistance of the leads.

What is the temperature range under which you will be doing calibrations?
All resistive devices have some kind of temperature coefficient of
resistance.

What is your application?

Normal off the shelf resistors that is, secondary standard level of
accuracy is not required.
Required a few, odd values like 374 ohm +/- 2 ohm , butactual values
known accurately to +/- 0.01%, in the range 20 ohm to 100K

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

bz 73 de N5BZ k

infinite set.