Posted to rec.woodworking
rolsonDesign rolsonDesign is offline

Default Electical question

Another option would be to cut a hole in the back of the built-in directly
over the box, and add an extender ring to the box to bring it flush with the
inside surface of the built-in. Then attach the cover plate of your choice.

--
Regards,

That's what the problem is...there are two bookshelf components that
join each other right over the place where the outlet or junction box
is.

I think my fix for this would be to cut a new hold in the back of the
built-in and through the wall, Then find the wires that lead to the
old junction box and snip them (with the power shut off of course).
Then re-route new wires to the new j-box in the back of my built-in.