Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew Mawson Andrew Mawson is offline

Default WC overflow going into a sink waste-pipe, soil pipe or shower cubicle?

"James B" wrote in message

Can a WC overflow be plumbed unto a sink waste-pipe without raising
issues with surveyors and building inspectors? If so, How about into
the WC's soil pipe? I guess running it through a wall to spill onto

public pavement would be a no-no, since it could turn to ice on the
pavement and cause an accident, right?

I once saw one WC overflow that ended inside an ajacent shower
cubicle. Is that considered acceptable?

Thanks

James B

As I understand it, an overflow has to bring attention to itself, so
if plumbed into a drain or other hiden recepticle , has to go via a
'tun dish' so that the abnormal water flow is apparent and the fault
can be rectified.

AWEM