Posted to alt.home.repair
Kate Kate is offline

Default Wooden drawer problem

I'm not trying to be argumentative Steve BUT
A belt sander would be so aggressive that it might do more harm than good.

A sanding block, then some pariffin wax or wax from a white candle.
Soap sometimes gets gummy in humidity.

First I would check the drawer giuides for swelling and warping. See for
sure where they are rubbing. Sometimes if a cabinet gets loose in the joints
it can cause this to happen or if the bottoms of the drawers are sagging. If
the drawer is overloaded it will cause it too. Eventually the bottom sags
and there is a load of work to get it to function properly again.

Kate

"Steve Barker" wrote in message
news Yeah, a belt sander. Use sparingly though. Then lube with bar soap.

--
Steve Barker

"Scout Lady" wrote in message
I have an old cabinet that has wooden pull out drawers inside. Two of the
drawers are very hard to pull out. Everything is aligned properly so I
guess the wood is a bit swollen. Is there anything I can put on the wooden
drawers so they will slide in and out without hanging to yank on them?