Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
TonyM TonyM is offline

Default cabbing stone on a lathe

Thanks George, I've been doing that for years. Actually got a 40# box of
burl scraps that Bob Rosand was throwing into the fire. Lots of great stuff
there.

"George" wrote in message
news

"TonyM" tonym.le"at"comcast.net wrote in message
. ..
Thanks M for a good post full of useful information. No clubs in my
area. I had already found that the eclectic lapidary but was trying to be
too cheap (as usual for a Pennsylvania Dutchman). I knew it was a far
fetched idea but thought I'd ask any way.
Tony Manella

Save those small chunks of burl or weird figure you find around knots, or
even the knots themselves and make cabochons out of them. Really dress up
the lid of a box. They turn well on the lathe.