Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Is East still East & West still West? Musing about salad bowls.

On May 17, 8:46 pm, "CW" wrote:

That's not eacatly high volume. I am fully equiped to make two an hour. I would, if there was a market.

I agree. That's not Mahoney numbers by any means. But he also turns
platters, super custom pens from all manner of materials, produces
exquisite hollow forms, does custom turning, and makes a lot of
gallery pieces for his studio and associated galleries.

He also harvests almost all of his turning wood, writes books,
maintains a website, produces DVDs, tests tools and turning related
paraphenalia, and besides that, maintains the business end of it all.

He was a long time denizen of this group, but I think he is just too
damn busy these days. Check him out:

http://ezinearticles.com/?expert_bio=Steven_Russell

Robert