BigWallop

Default GSH & HW. novice questions .pls help

"Ebodski" wrote in message
Okay, I think I've got the jist.

Can I got back to a question that nobody has conclusivley answered.

Should my pump have any other way of tripping off/on other than the timer

?
Like I keep saying, the pump is running all the time the system is

switched
on, and in either water-only & heat&water modes. I thought that in summer,
if I selected water-only then the pump need not run.

Your hot water needs the pump to circulate heated water around the coil in
the cylinder and will run any time you call for heat or hot water or both.
Your system will be very inefficient if you allow it to be differentially
circulated and would probably take about three days to heat a tank full of
hot water.

And finally my question about zone valve quadrant operational movement of
30°. Is that enough ?

YES !!! The activator arm only has to swing about thirty degrees to move
the rubber ball away from the opening of the valve outlet and is also enough
to move the little tag to activate the micro-switch.