Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Wooden drawer problem

On May 17, 8:01 pm, "Scout Lady" wrote:
I have an old cabinet that has wooden pull out drawers inside. Two of the
drawers are very hard to pull out. Everything is aligned properly so I guess
the wood is a bit swollen. Is there anything I can put on the wooden drawers
so they will slide in and out without hanging to yank on them?

Is this a new problem, an long-term existing problem, or is it while
old, a new cabinet to you, or none of the above?

Does the problem occur only during warm, humid weather and go away
when the heat is on during the winter?

What, specifically the symptoms are has a bearing on the suggested
solutions.

If John's suggestion which is a good place to start doesn't do the
trick, take the drawers out and examine them carefully to see where
they binding point(s) are. W/ that information and some of the other
data, more options may present.