Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default How Do I Straighten a Patio Door?

On Thu, 17 May 2007 13:54:41 -0500, jim evans
wrote:

On Thu, 17 May 2007 00:04:06 -0400, mm
wrote:

On Wed, 16 May 2007 21:21:16 -0500, jim evans
wrote:

I think I see how the're suppose to adust now. But, I don't hold out
much hope for them moving.

http://tinyurl.com/2nmedz

It looks fine. CW to lift. I think it's the lower one but don't
really remember (or I only have one.)

The two screws in the picture (http://tinyurl.com/2nmedz) don't adjust
anything. Both screws simply unscrew -- that is, they back out.

Hhhuh! Then maybe there is another screw underneath the aluminum
frame. I shouldn't have posted without looking -- hope I didn't
cause you any trouble -- but use a flashlight and see if there is one
hiding in the slot underneath, under the mud or whatever that is.

I can't see any way to adjust the rollers.

-- jim

If you ever take the door out, absolutely have help. I didn't and I
didn't break it, but I took all knds of precautions and even then, a
mistake would have been easy.

I didn't have to replace the rollers the first time the door wasn't
working well (20 or so years old), I just raised it, but maybe I will
the next time.

Also, some people slide part of a broomstick on top of the door to
keep burglars from lifting the door out.