Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default CRT Repair

surface9 wrote:

Well these posts are encouraging. I'm going to look around here
locally for someone that knows about TV's and see where I can take it
and maybe get the soldering done. That would be ideal. NEC finally
got back with me and suggested, just as James Sweet said above, that
it would probably be a short soldering job. I am now thinking that I
will get this fixed sooner or later.

But, I had never heard of craigslist. That is a wonderful website. I
am stunned to find good 21" crt monitors there for $25 - what a world
we live in - these things were around $600 a mere 4 years ago - wow!.
They still look better than LCD's for subtle contrasts. I also have a
21.3" Viewsonic LCD which is a great monitor, but, standard TV and
photographs look noticebly better on the CRT.

Thanks to all.

Is there a local freecycle group? http://www.freecycle.org/ People
give away working monitors around here. I've given away several,
myself.
prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell