Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Makita Impact Driver

In article ,
The Medway Handyman wrote:
wrote:
On 17 May, 23:00, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:

Why didn't someone tell me to buy an impact driver earlier?

Instead of working Saturday to finish the job, I reckon I'll be home
by 3pm Friday.

Some people tried, but it got lost in petty personality wars

Dead right there. This NG would be for the better if people tried to
help rather than score points or express their own jaded attitudes
......... there is always someone waiting to have a go at someone.

However, my post was to inform readers about the real benifits of impact
drivers.

If I remember the original 'discussion' it was over the name of the tool
since an impact driver existed long before this sort of device came on the
market - it's a tool for loosening screws etc via the kinetic energy
obtained from a hammer. I don't remember anyone saying they'd tried these
impact drill drivers and didn't think it worked.

Of course a certain person used to claim he'd got just about every new
thing on the market and it worked perfectly. Like magnetic water softeners
and so on. So when he recommended anything it was a bit like crying wolf...

--
*Santa's helpers are subordinate clauses*

Dave Plowman
London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.