Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Can a wood burning fire be consider as a green alternative ?

In article ,
Dave Fawthrop writes:
On Tue, 15 May 2007 09:40:49 +0100 (BST), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:
|!Thats my view but we also have to do something about re-fixing the fossil
|!C02 that has been released in the last few hundred years.

Can not be done :-( there is too much CO2, many millions of tons, in the
atmosphere to even attempt it.

One way is to grow trees and then cut them down and bury them
in old coal mines. You could use them for paper, and then
dump the old paper into coal mines and landfill, which is in
effect the exact reverse of digging up coal and burning it.

The big snag with all this is that global warming is most
unlikely to have anything to do with man-made CO2 or any other
man-made product, so you're really just wasting your time, and
the extra energy it takes to do this.

--
Andrew Gabriel