Posted to alt.home.repair
MRS. CLEAN MRS. CLEAN is offline

Default Does anyone know what are the best rated vacuums?

On May 15, 4:49 pm, TH wrote:
John McGaw wrote:
wrote:
I can't seem to find Consumer Reports February 2007 issue at the library.
They rated the best vacuums. Does anyone know the top 5 or so?

My February 2007 issue doesn't have vacuums at all. I do have the
October 2006 in front of me and it does. They don't rate all vacuums
together but have a division between upright and canister. These are the
top 5 in each category.

Upright Canister
------- --------
Kenmore 35922 Electrolux EL7020A
Electrolux EL5035A Kenmore 25614
Kenmore 36932 Kenmore 25914
Eureka 4870 Kenmore 25512
Hoover U6630-900 Bosch BSG81360UC

--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]

Last time I bought a vacuum recommended by consumer reports, it turned
out to be the worst vacuum we ever owned. Want a great vacuum, get a
Dysan.- Hide quoted text -

You can get a re-built Dysan for $300 at Big Lots.
But, I opt for 3 or 4 inexpensive rebuilt vacuums and keep one in
each room. If you're really smart, find out how many belts and what
they cost, and decide based on future grief in replacing that belt.

Mrs. Clean