Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default DAB aerial

In article , Dave Plowman (News)
writes
In article .com,
Robert Laws wrote:
With DAB we have got a large quantity of channels but the sound
quality is poor. it is a step back from the 1950s.

I'm listening to the PM prog on R4 DAB at the moment via a decent amp and
speakers and the quality ain't poor. It sounds exactly the same as FM.

There you are then, time to get the hearing aid batteries replaced!...

LW
sounds poor. Are you asking for that to be abolished or upgraded in some
way? AM is capable of decent enough results too.

BTW I doubt you actually remember FM from the '50s. With the exception
of Wrotham (London), the quality of the landlines feeding the
transmitters was dreadful. By the time you got a couple of hundred miles
of them the actual bandwidth transmitted on FM was no greater than MW -
on a decent receiver.

Well silly.. That as you well know was because proper digital
distribution wasn't developed until PCM came along. What an idiotic
statement that is!. Its like saying the picture on the TV wasn't any
good until colour came along!..
--
Tony Sayer