PoP

Default OT: Speed cameras

On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 14:28:17 +0100, rnet[dot]co[dot]uk
(Simon Gardner) wrote:

It's not what I feel in particular. Every driver not wearing a seat belt is
thereby less likely to be involved in an accident. That's what the

I can't believe that people are still responding to this thread. It
has nowt to do with DIY, and quite frankly if someone feels that they
don't want to wear a seat belt then that's their business - no animals
or children are harmed by this difference of opinion - and it occurs
to me that no amount of ya-boo-sucks arguments are going to change
minds on either side.

My own position is that I happen to wear a seat belt, and insist on my
family wearing seat belts, because I am persuaded that they are a good
idea and could have a seriously beneficial effect in the event of a
collision. But if someone else has a different view that's cool, it's
their life to do as they wish with, and the only time this would cause
me a problem is if that person were a passenger in my vehicle. Aside
from that (which isn't going to happen anyway) I couldn't give a
flying toss about the argument either way.

Any chance we could all drop this rather ridiculous argument and get
back to what this forum is supposed to be about?

PoP