Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Johnson Peter Johnson is offline

Default Paint mixing systems

On Wed, 16 May 2007 16:29:32 +0100, Dave Fawthrop
wrote:

I am trying to get a paint to match one of the colours present in my wood
effect PVC windows. Just been to the local B&Q warehouse and found that
both the B&Q system and the Dulux system only produce standard if wide
ranges of colours, none of which are what I want. The Dulux system has a
system which scans a sample, but can only recommend and produce one of the
wide range of Dulux colours.

Clearly it would be possible to produce a system which would give an
infinite range of colours, one of which would produce a match for my PVC
windows.

Does such a system exist?

When I worked at Crown we were told that the scanner would match any
colour* but that Dulux's matching system would only produce the
nearest match(es) to a Dulux colour (or colours).

* actually it wouldn't do very dark reds/purples.