Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default lead free solder with voc free water base

Arfa Daily wrote:

That situation is much the same here, with avionics, military and medical
having exemptions. I'm not sure about civils like the emergency services. We
are just going over to a 'secure' comms system here for emergency workers. I
wonder which technology their new kit is built in ?

Whatever is cheapest at the moment, of course. They don't believe it
will ever be needed to save their lives, so they don't give a damn.

Yep, that's the method of determining the amount of lead in the glass that I
read about. See ? You're closer to being like us over there, than you
thought d;~} !!

I have nothing against most of the people of Europe, but I think they
should pull their rabid dogs off-line. They give a bad impression to
the rest of the world. I met a lot of tourist when I worked in Orlando
about 20 years ago. Most of them were nice (Even if they were hard to
understand.) but some did their absolute best to **** off every American
they met.

On the global warming front, it's funny to see how an idea can gain
momentum. 35 years ago, all the talk was of us being about to enter a new
mini ice age. I remember this very clearly, as I had my town library get me
in a book called "The Weather Machine, and the Threat of the Ice", that had
featured in a TV programme that was on at the time.

They were ranting about "The new Ice Age!!!" when i was in grade
school. All kinds of horror stories about species becoming extinct
because the only habitable area would be a band about 100 miles wide at
the equator. Some were even calling for massive projects to level
mountains and haul them to the sea to make more land available at the
equator. they were as rabid as the Global Warming crowd, and had as
much bad science in their propaganda. When I pointed out that the
equator doesn't stay centered under the sun they called me a
troublemaker and continued to spin tales of wars where everyone wanted
that thin band of land to live on.

Whilst I'm on TV programmes, there was one on over here on the station
called "Channel 4" a couple of months back, called "The Great Global Warming
Swindle". It really was an excellent and well made documentary, an hour and
a half long, and well worth seeing if you have the slightest concerns about
the validity of global warming, and its causes. This programme has caused
such a furore here, that Channel 4 have now released it as a DVD. If you can
get hold of a copy through Amazon or somewhere, I can really recommend it as
essential viewing to get the other side of the coin, for making yourself a
balanced viewpoint.

I have no problem with real science, but most of what I hear is just
wild theories. I'll see if I can find a copy of that program.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida