Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Saving the planet

On 2007-05-17 11:45:53 +0100, Dave Fawthrop
said:

On Thu, 17 May 2007 10:32:03 GMT, Stuart Noble

|! How do you feel about this being put on the wiki? Could be useful
|! information I think.

|!
|!The reality is that nobody cares, and nobody wants to read anything more
|!than one sentence. I'm going to fit a solar panel to the the top of my
|!4x4 and leave it at that.

The reality is that owners of gas guzzling 4*4s care nothing about the
planet, or the environment, only themselves.

What a lot of nonsense. This really is media hype for the gullible.

It is the pattern of use which matters, which, in summary, was TNP's
original point.

I have two Land Rovers. They are useful for the things that I want to
do and I like them. The amount of use is quite small, with neither
exceeding 4000km per annum and is considerably less than the average.

Most people *here* would find the information interesting.

Most people would be happy to make small changes to their houses/lives to
save the planet.

Illogical statement. More gullibility.

It would only cost 0.12% of GDP every year, which is
peanuts.

As would be the outcome.

FWIW I have been insulating my house, to well above the then standards for
more than 40 years. Every improvement I have made has made money in the
long run.

Given infinite time, almost anything can do that.