Posted to uk.d-i-y
chris French chris French is offline

Default Where to buy a heavy-duty wheelbarrow ?

In message , R
writes

"John Anderton" wrote in message
.. .
Does anybody know a supplier of heavy duty wheel barrows ?

I've had one for many years that took everything I could throw at it,
concrete, bricks, stone etc. but it's now finally given up and I can't
find a replacement. The builders merchants hereabouts sell barrows
that are just about capable of transporting soil/sand but nothing more
substantial. :-(

I've got 10 tons of Purbeck stone that needs shifting over the next
few weeks.

Jewsons
Buildbase
Burdens
NOT B&Q though

I agree if we are talking about a cheapy 'garden' wheelbarrow The
wheelbarrow that I got from B&Q warehouse some years back, seems to be
just the same sort of black steel 'builders' barrow that they generally
sell in the BM's (in fact IIRC, it was exactly the same one sold in some
places).

I think this type of barrow is ok, but I think builders tend to give
their barrows a fairly hard short hard life and then chuck them. Mines
been fine, but the tray has rusted through at the fixing points, whilst
the frame, wheel etc. is all still fine. I'm considering maybe one with
a polypropylene tray when I replace it.

Anyway, I've not bought a barrow from them, but have used them for other
stuff before, but these people have a decent selection, including some
heavier duty ones.

http://www.mower-magic.co.uk/acatalog/Wheelbarrows.html
--
Chris French