Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Conversion Oil fired boiler to Electric boiler

"Bri in Mtl" wrote in message

Huge hydro electric dams north of Mtl. Electricity rates are pretty
tightly Gov't controlled here. If rates go up it's very low.

That may change
http://www.iedm.org/main/show_mediar...eleases_id=142
The real cost of electricity to Quebecers is not its production cost, which
has been exceptionally low over time thanks to a bountiful natural heritage.
The true cost is the opportunity cost. In other words what could best be
done with our kilowatt-hours (kWh) if we did not consume them ourselves?
What are we giving up by consuming them as so low a price? The real cost is
around $0.10 per kWh, the amount that could be obtained by exporting them