Posted to alt.home.repair
Toller Toller is offline

Default soft cold patch?

Call Sakrete. They probably know more about their product than anyone here.
"Nate Nagel" wrote in message
Hi all,

what could possibly have gone wrong? this past weekend I patched a couple
spots in my driveway with Sakrete brand cold patch, exactly per
directions - one "hole" was actually just an asphalt skin that had peeled
up, a couple other spots I needed to dig away all the old rotten asphalt
all the way to the base, in those cases I dug all the base up, screened
the gravel out, made a new gravel base, and finished with about 1.5" to 2"
of cold patch (deeper than the asphalt that was there before!) I used it
exactly per directions, squared the edges of all holes, never put it down
less than 1" or more than 4" thick, tamped it by hand with a 8" square
steel tamper until it wouldn't compress down any more. After a day or so
it was mostly hard so I figured all was good. Today I came home from work
and it is SOFT! Not sure why, except it was up to about 80 degrees, but
it is cool and rainy now. It still won't tamp down any more, but if I
just touch it with my hand and push laterally, it moves like there's next
to no adhesion at all. What the heck do I do now? I was hoping that I
could seal the driveway later this summer, but if these patches don't
work, what's the point?

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.