Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Neighbor impies he will disclose my old Septic Tank

In article . com, wrote:
On May 15, 8:28 pm, mstrspy wrote:
I have one of those neighbors. Couple of weeks ago I posted here about
an old abandoned sepic tank caving in. I filled it with bolders,
stones and sand. It is solid so no one will fall in. My neighbor told
me that I should have called clean harbor an have it removed at a huge
cost.

Your neighbor is confused. Fuel oil tanks have to be decommissioned,
which includes removal and testing for leaks under the tank. Septic
tanks face no such regulations. You did fine. Tell him to STFU, then
forget it.

You are misinformed. At the least, this varies from one jurisdiction to
another. Where I live, septic tanks are required to be either removed, or
broken and filled, when abandoned.

--
Regards,