Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Oren Oren is offline

Default My neighbor was scammed by driveway spraying scammers

On Wed, 16 May 2007 14:04:49 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

"Ignoramus10518" wrote

Hm, that's our county, and we did in fact write down their license
plate number. I will ask my wife for that piece of paper where we
wrote it down.

However, getting someone to "run" it for you is a different matter. You can
take it to the police and give it to them, and explain the situation. If
they do "run" the plate, you will probably receive none of the information.
If it does get a "hit", then they will follow up on it. If you know a
police officer real good, they can do it and tell you what the results were,
even though they are not supposed to. (It's done all the time)

DOJ NCIC terminals require a "sign-in log" for offices - required for
audit. Only qualified folks are allowed in this terminal/secure area
and they receive serious training.

When I started dating my wife years ago, she gave my license number to her
daughter, a police officer, to get me checked out. I must have passed.

When I dated my wife I looked at her teeth; kind of like what you
would do when buying a horse or mule!

I was checked every five years for over 30 years, I'm surprised how
far they can get a microscope that far up my ass; especially when I
was sued by a Nigerian Prince, circa '83. He lost his case!

--
Oren