Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default lead free solder with voc free water base

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
Eeyore wrote:

bick wrote:

Is anyone using voc free, leadfree solder in there wave process??
Like to discuss some things about it. I have 25 years in the
manufacturing of printed circuits.
This process is much more diffacult than they lead us to beleive.

Surprise !

Lead-free solder is junk.

Graham

Of course it is. OTOH its the stupid idea of some crackpot European
beuracrats that don't know a damn thing about metallurgy, yet are busy
screwing the entire world in their half assed attempt to keep any
foreign electronics from being imported.

Don't you also have some pretty draconian and nonsense lead regulations over
there too, Michael ? I seem to remember reading that there are regulations
regarding the disposal of CRTs now due to the lead in the glass faceplate.
The whole world is going mad ...

If you're not under pressure to go lead-free on your solder already, trust
me, it's coming ! The whole of the far east's production for europe is now
done in lead-free, and I guess they just ship the same basic products to the
US also. I can't imagine them running parallel leaded and lead-free lines,
and component inventories. Is the stuff that you guys are repairing now
built in lead-free, and what are your experiences of it so far ? Have Sony
insisted that their gear is repaired with lead-free components and solder
there too ? I'm assuming that you don't have any actual legislation yet that
compels you repair in lead-free ?

Arfa