Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Mark Fitzsimmons Mark Fitzsimmons is offline

Default Qualalac

All this talk of thinner and equipment, and I was wondering if the
real culprit may be simpler. If the change of seasons has brought more
humid air, the coats of finish may not be completely drying before you
apply the next. Perhaps you need to experiment with your application
timing for different seasons? Since I don't use lacquer very often I
don't know for sure, but my experience with varnish and paints has
shown me that I really need to let the first coat dry hard or I get a
mess that will wrinkle or crack.