Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren Oren is offline

Default Roof Paint/Coating?

On 16 May 2007 11:50:17 -0700, Joe wrote:

Harry wrote:
Hello,

Does anyone know the difference between roof paint and coating?

Many years ago i used something that was made of tar, fiberglass and
plus something that made it dry shiny silver. I think the "fiberglass"
was of a fiber nature. It was applied with a brush, but i donot
remember what kind of brush.

Does anyone know if such still exists? It was expensive. I had it
painted on a slightly, showing-signs-of -usting roof.

Thank you

All the box stores have this in the roofing displays. I believe they
label it as 'Mobile Home Roof Coating' and it definitely comes in
silver. HTH

Joe

Sounds like the exact material used on mobile homes during the '50s in
S Florida. It sealed the roof and the light color refracted plenty
Sun and heat back away from the metal roof.

Many roof coatings were light color; at least over tar.

--
Oren

Hofstadter's Law - It [a task] always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law.