Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
William Noble William Noble is offline

Default Qualalac

I just leave the laquer in the cup - the gun I use for this is an older
Binks (sold by sears) that I used for automotive work until I bought a
gravity feed gun - ive left laquer in the gun for many months with no
problem
"Prometheus" wrote in message
On Sun, 13 May 2007 09:39:57 -0700, "William Noble"
wrote:

you don't need to clean a spray gun after using laquer if you just
dedicate
a spare gun to clear laquer only - if it gets plugged up, just spray a
litthe thnner through it and continue - I've used the same gun for about 6
years, always keep laquer in it, only had to clean it once in that time

What do you do, just dump out the cup and run laquer thinner through
it when you're finished, or actually store the laquer in the cup?

Sometimes, that would probably work out great for me, but if I didn't
need to laquer anything for six months or something, I wouldn't think
storing it in the gun would be a very good idea!

Maybe I'll get it out and give that a try- worst thing that could
happen would be a nasty clog, and a couple days soaking in thinner
would *hopefully* take care of that. If it works, it would save me a
bit of money in finishing products, if not, it'd just be a PITA to
clean once.