Posted to rec.woodworking
Phisherman Phisherman is offline

Default Garden Fence Posts Distance

Skip the concrete. Buy some T posts and rabbit fencing. To keep out
the deer, add a couple strings of solar-powered electric line. How
far apart the posts should be set depends on the weight/height of the
fence. My posts are about 6 feet apart. Several years later I
expanded my garden--much easier to move T posts than cemented posts.

On Sat, 12 May 2007 20:03:59 -0500, samson wrote:

I'm building a garden fence about 50 feet by
50 feet. I'm setting 8 foot 4X4s two feet deep
in cement. And then I'm using 2in by 2 inch wire
fencing to keep the rabbits out.

About how far apart should the posts be to keep
the fence upright and tight? 10 feet apart looks
about right, but I'm not 100 percent sure.

Thanks,

S.