Posted to rec.woodworking
mike hide mike hide is offline

Default Electical question

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
.. .
In article , Roy
Smith wrote:

But, a built-in bookcase with a built-in hinged door in the back to access
the box probably would. If you do it right, it could be quite
unobtrusive,
and completely invisible when the shelf is filled with books. I suspect
that would satisfy both the letter and the spirit of the code.

Another option would be to cut a hole in the back of the built-in directly
over the box, and add an extender ring to the box to bring it flush with
the
inside surface of the built-in. Then attach the cover plate of your
choice.

--
Regards,

I guess I have mixed feelings here, I recognize the dangers but have serious
problems with electrician's high hourly rates in particular when the
required job skill level is so low . Basically in this region their only
claim to fame is the fact is they can sign off that the job is in fact to
code regardless of their crappy work.

In my opinion if their rates were reasonable far less people would be doing
basic wiring themselves. Im my case I read the books then wired my complete
shop all the electrician did was to inspect it and confirm it was up to code
and connect it to the mains . The only reason to use a "certified"
electrician was that is all the inspector would accept.....and you know
what, I still considered it expensive .....mjh