Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Portable Air Compressors

On May 16, 9:16�am, wrote:
All outdoor power equipment that uses a small
engine has to be cleaned. *Usually, we use
a detergent or solvent based cleaner. *The
cleaning agent itself is not going to damage the
engine, but the water that you use to flush it
off is going to shorten the engine's life.

A friend who is a pro auto mechanic has a large
stationary compressor. *When used with a blow
gun it can produce a tremendous volume of air.
Its the safest way to remove soil, sand, and
grime without the use of chemicals and water.

I was looking at portable air compressors. *To
me, a portable compressor is under 45 lbs.
An electric model would be best since they
require almost no maintenance. *The question
is, can a portable compressor and a blow gun
deliver a jet of air powerful enough to blast away
the crud that accumulates on small engines?

I use a 1 hp sears compressor its plastic case and weighs little. use
it just for cleaning.

where big pump and tank can blow all day, lightweight compessor can
blow in pulses.

works for me