Posted to alt.home.repair
dnoyeB dnoyeB is offline

Default frozen bolt & nuts

On Fri, 04 May 2007 05:24:04 -0700, Frank Thompson wrote:

Any suggestions for removing frozen nuts and bolts on exhaust manifold/
exhaust pipe
connection on old MF135 tractor? Am using Liquid Wrench w/o success.
I want to be careful not to break bolts.
Frank

Definitely use heat. Those bolts have been through so many heat/cool
cycles that they are pretty much tightly sealed with that holes. If you
don't use heat, you will almost certainly snap the heads off. Anyway, if
your lucky enough to have bolts and not weld studs, I'm happy for you. If
they snap at least you can get them extracted...