Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Gorilla Glue Mishap

On May 16, 6:38 am, " wrote:
On May 16, 5:11?am, "John Gilmer" wrote:

Good luck. If you had a good coat of was it my come up easily, but if not,
. . . . . .

It tends to "foam" and unless it is clamped, the stuff doesn't like to stick
to non-porous surfaces.

With a little luck, it will come up after one or two cycles of "wear and
tear" and routine cleaning.

OR you can get a single edge razor blade and CAREFULLY scrape it up.

try goof off or goo gone, havent tried it on gorilla glue but these
2removed contact cement from a friends tiled kitchen floor.

no harm in trying great if you have kids

Nothing to be gained, either. The urea-formaldehyde glue is nothing
like contact cement and a tile floor is nothing like linoleum...

If it had been caught when fresh and not fully cured, acetone is a
solvent. Of course, if it is "real" linoleum, that would have a
pretty high probability of taking the color out of the flooring.
Choose your poison.

As Edwin says, if the floor was in good shape and had a coat of wax,
best hope is it will simply lift off, not adhering to the slick
surface. After that, it's pretty much impervious to anything non-
mechanical that would do more harm to the floor than the glue itself.

I'd probably worry at it w/ some of the plastic scraper thingies and
see if could break chunks free. If I was lucky it would pop off. If
I were really lucky I'd have a chunk of scrap flooring that could be
patched in to make a neat repair.