Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] awiecek@hotmail.com is offline

Default Mower engine problem

On May 16, 5:52 am, "John Gilmer" wrote:
Most of these small engines "prime" by spraying gas into the mouth of the
carb. If they start and run for a few seconds you have spark and gas.

The "running gas" comes from the bowl. Since you have gas in the bowl, it
looks like the tube that lets the flowing air suck the gas out of the bowl
is clogged.

You have to take the carb apart to the point where you can either blow this
tube clear or run a fine wire through it.

Thanks John... that's pretty much the conclusion I came to last night,
though I wasn't sure what the prime bulb did. I'll have a go at the
mower this weekend.

Thanks again.
Alex