Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Prometheus Prometheus is offline

Default Tips on finishing sycamore and oak

On 15 May 2007 05:04:02 -0700, Olebiker wrote:

On May 15, 6:20 am, Prometheus wrote:
Trouble getting rid of wood??? Sheesh. What you Florida folks need
is a good Wisconsin winter. Then you won't have that problem any
more...

Trust me on this one. If I never have to go to the barn to milk
before daylight in below zero weather again I will be perfectly
content.

Ahh, now that was your problem- you were out milking cows.... I stay
as far away from farms as humanly possible, I just like the cold.

Not too many more years of winter left for me to enjoy, though- too
many injuries and blown joints over time are making the prospect of
moving south eventually more and more likely. Hard to continue to
like extreme temperature changes when you're a walking barometer.

But if I could just find a place that was 40-60 degrees year round,
with low humidity, that'd be perfect.