Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Electical question

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message

I replaced the ballasts on the lights and everything worked just fine for
the next 24 years. I was quite upset at the time. And I still get a

chill
thinking about how close I cane to having a newly purchased house burn to
the ground.

You only have to go through that once to get a healthy respect for ALWAYS
following the best electrical practices known to man.

To this day, as a builder, I take a strong personal interest in inspecting
all the electrical work _myself_ before insulation/drywall goes up.

Not to mention that it is a constant battle with sheetrockers who cover up
electrical receptacles (hell, even AC vents) in their haste to get to the
next job.

I _ALWAYS_ take digital pictures of every single wall in the entire house
after electrical, plumbing and HVAC rough-in, and before insulation, put
those photos on a CD, and ultimately give them to the purchaser in the
"house book" we always supply for appliances, fixtures, warranties, etc.

As a homeowner, it is something I appreciate greatly, just for the safety
aspects. And, as a builder, I can't tell you how many times that one
practice has saved my butt during electrical trim out ... and I get to sleep
at night.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 2/20/07