Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Electical question

"Toller" wrote in message

but, how did the wall catch fire? I would expect the dry wall to be
charred, but it shouldn't have actually caught fire.

That's what makes it chilling, eh?

It "shouldn't have", but it did!

By the time I got there the stud the box was attached to was in flames ...
indeed a 'chilling' event.

With a young child in the house, and even after I tore out the drywall all
the way to the ceiling on both sides of the wall, and was absolutely sure
that there was not a spark left (there was no 'fire blocking' of studs in
those days, apparently) to come back to life, I spent that entire night, and
the next day, awake and on "fire watch".

Shudder every time I recollect it.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 2/20/07