Posted to alt.home.repair
JimR JimR is offline

Default Carrier, Lennox vs. Trane

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message
news:T5v2i.185854$DE1.147015@pd7urf2no...
Hi,
I am trying to have an air conditioner for the whole house installed.
So far I took 3 quotes from 3 reputable local outfits for the job.
Their quotes are almost identical except using different brand units.
My need is 3 and half ton, 15 SEER, low noise unit(need to run the cooling
for less than 3 months a year). Is there a prefered brand among this 3
they recommend? Before my income tax refund money strays off, I need a
quick decision. Any advice/recommendations appreciated.
TIA,
Tony

Tony -- I'm not aware of any big differences between the three, and your
decision may depend upon other factors, e.g., warranty, distance of the
dealer from your location (for future service calls), cost of a service call
or yearly inspection, etc. Perhaps you can work this to your benefit -- try
to negotiate in extra services, longer warranty or lower price. Especially
in situations like this I have often been able to get a company to
renegotiate at a lower price or throw in some extra goodies (such as a
programmable thermostat, electronic air cleaner, etc.) Regards --