Posted to alt.home.repair
Richard J Kinch Richard J Kinch is offline

Default Tile do-it-yourself project

BobR writes:

Everyone who has seen it thinks it is beautiful but all I can see is
every little fault.

Yeah, on my first tile job ever, I knew enough to make sure the dye lots
were the same on all the boxes, but I was not smart enough to check that
the blankety-blank store (Color Tile--never again) didn't put partial boxes
from different dye lots together to make one full box. Nor did I lay them
out in good light to inspect. Didn't notice, while installing, the slight
shade difference running up a few columns of wall tile. Neither does
anyone else notice now. But it was all I saw every time I looked at it.
But now I know better.