Posted to uk.d-i-y
Pete @ www.GymRatZ.co.uk Pete @ www.GymRatZ.co.uk is offline

Default Cable clips.....

Vernon wrote:
Set about installing a new external light at the rear of the house today. No
problem until I get to the outside of the house, and I try and clip the
cable to the wall.

snip
Any suggestions or ideas??

Yep.
A far neater and quicker solution if you can't get clips in is to use
some mini-trunking and drill, plug, screw every 18" or so.

When I was installing electronic time systems the flat-packed stuff
which came rolled up in a box was used everywhere.
R-S used to do it.

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Ind...g_1/index.html
for example. All seems to be self adhesive but you can just screw to the
wall.

Just pull as much as you need out the box, cut to length (channel + lid
rolled up as one) fold up, fix and clip the lid on.

The open ends of the trunk can be closed over by cutting the lid longer
than the trunk, removing the "track" with a stanley knife and folding it
over before clipping.

Both internal and external angles can be made in the same way so corners
can also be made neatly.

Plus it keeps the elements off the cable (not that that's really a problem)

Just another idea as I have experienced walls many times where the brick
is too hard and the mortar either too brittle or too soft for normal clips.

HTH
Pete

--
http://www.gymratz.co.uk
Gym Equipment & Fitness equipment in the UK