Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert11 Robert11 is offline

Default Unpainted Cedar Clapboards: "Safe" ?

Hello:

Live in the Boston area.

Will be having pre-primed Cedar clapboards (the typical horizontal board
type) put up on my house that is being re-modeled.

Contractors, being contractors, I am a bit concerned that the job will run
into the early Fall by the time it is completed, and ready for painting.

Would appreciate opinions on the following:

a. how "safe" is it to leave the clapboards in the pre-primed, Unpainted,
condition thru the winter, and have them painted in the Spring, if necessary
?

b. Just out of curiosity, would the answer be any different if they were
not pre-primed, and just the bare Cedar ?

Thank you very much,