John Stumbles

Default B&Q PPPro cordless 4-pack - any good?

"Steve Firth" wrote in message
.. .
"John Stumbles" ] wrote:

Just seen the new(?) B&Q Performance Power Pro 18V cordless set: combi
drill, circular saw, jigsaw and torch with 3 batteries and what looks

like a
proper fast charger rather than the rubbish the previous set had. £150.
Anyone tried it? Is it any good (apart from hammer action on the drill

which
I wouldn't expect to be worth the candle).

Grrrrr... that's the set I wanted.

---8--- (snip)

OK, well despite the lack of encouragement (i.e. an excuse for buying it :-)
from any of you 'orrible shower I've been and bought one, trading in my old
PP 18V cordless saw on which the blade guard was defective (always stayed
open, though I considered that more of a plus feature ;-) to help pay for
it.

The drill is nice enough, though my Site (last year's B&Q own brand) 14.4V
is fine. (Haven't tried the hammer action: I always use
universal/multipurpose type drill bits.) One advantage of the new machine is
the 13mm chuck which lets me use the big arbor on my hole saw kit: the Site
has only a 10mm chuck.

The circular saw (apart from the annoying blade guard which works :-) seems
OK.

The jigsaw has a rather plastickey blade grip lever: I wonder how long
that'll last. But it cuts OK (compared to my cheap Ferm mains one which is
falling apart now).

And the torch is pretty handy.

OK now back to fitting the new kitchen, to earn its keep :-|

--
John Stumbles