Posted to alt.energy.homepower,alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking
Bruce L. Bergman Bruce L. Bergman is offline

Default Interlock locks to be used in lieu of transfer switch

On Sun, 13 May 2007 18:52:33 GMT, "Vaughn Simon"
wrote:
"Bruce L. Bergman" wrote in message
.. .

Unless you want to be up for multiple counts of Murder 2 for
backfeeding the utility service and killing a few workers ...snip

OK, you just went over the top.

Not at all - a person properly trained in electricity theories,
construction codes and the like would know the risks involved, and if
he did cause a backfeed into the utility system anyway and someone
dies, Murder 2 (done deliberately but with no premeditation) would be
a reasonable charge to level.

Though I'd bet most career prosecutors would charge it as Murder 2
just so they could plea-bargain it down to an easy Manslaughter.

IANAL, but even 120VAC is a potentially lethal voltage. And when it
kicks backward through a transformer and is suddenly boosted to 5KV to
35KV or more, then it's really easy to "reach out and touch someone."

And I have personal knowledge of how massive screw-ups of this
magnitude can and do happen, but please DAMHIKT. Let's just say it
wasn't pretty, and leave it at that.

-- Bruce --