Posted to alt.home.repair
Terry Terry is offline

Default What wiring codes say about these wires?

On 14 May 2007 22:10:32 -0700, Joseph wrote:

I am not sure what you meant by "the pink" (I think you mean RED?).
Also what did you mean by "the orange/purple/yellow striped wires". I
am adding another picture with the wires labelled A,B,C,D can you
point out which one you are referring to.
http://www.geocities.com/corvette_2050/connector3.jpg

I thought you gave up on this.

A to C B to C D to C Should all give you 120V A to C could
be 190V this would be the hi leg.

A to B B to D D to A will all give you either 240V or 208V

If you do get something similar to these readings, you could use B to
C or D to C for a 120V outlet. You can use A to C if it is not 190V.