Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction
aaron aaron is offline

Default concrete driveway: thickness ; mesh or not ?

Bob Morrison wrote:

The jury is still out on the effectiveness of fibermesh in preventing
random slab cracking. Fibermesh does give fuzzy slabs.

any experiences with other types of fibers in concrete?

I have heard polypropelene fibers are too soft and slippery to do much
good, but PVA fibers bond well to the cement matrix and help the
performance. I have played with PVA fibers in mortar mixes in the lab
with some success.

also, I have always wondered if there is alkalai silicate reactions with
the glass fibers. I remember reading somewhere that S-glass was best in
concrete... sorry no reference :|