Posted to alt.home.repair
jJim McLaughlin jJim McLaughlin is offline

Default Want to buy 10' of neighbors yard and build a fence

wrote:
Sorry if the subject line wasn't too detailed, but here's what I want
to do. My neighbor will be selling his house soon. I want to ask him
if I can purchase 10' from the current propery line onto his yard. All
total it's about 100 square feet. We are in a typical subdivision. If
he agrees to that, I will build a new fence on the new line. But I
have some questions.

First, how do I find out what the value of the land is worth some
thing like this?
Second, how do I get it recorded at the local government level
(county)?

Nobody reading this group other tha ou lives in our subdivision.

Probably nobody reading this grou lives in your city and county.

The odds are very high that no one here can give you any accurate advice.

Please contact a lawyer in your county who does real estate work and
find out if what yu want to do is
technically possible.