Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Want to buy 10' of neighbors yard and build a fence

wrote in message
oups.com...
Sorry if the subject line wasn't too detailed, but here's what I want
to do. My neighbor will be selling his house soon. I want to ask him
if I can purchase 10' from the current propery line onto his yard. All
total it's about 100 square feet. We are in a typical subdivision. If
he agrees to that, I will build a new fence on the new line. But I
have some questions.

First, how do I find out what the value of the land is worth some
thing like this?
Second, how do I get it recorded at the local government level
(county)?

Some of these questions will be answered by a lawyer, which you WILL hire to
assist with this. It'll be a lawyer who knows the rules in YOUR town.