Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default Electrical installation tubes

On Mon, 14 May 2007 16:29:06 -0400, wrote:

On Mon, 14 May 2007 18:42:10 -0000, Tim Smith
wrote:

But before getting to that point, the natural question is why would you
need more than one ethernet LAN?

If you have 2 devices at the far end and you don't want to hang a hub
down there for whatever reason. I am running 2 as we speak . (Media
server PC and an RTV)
You may also actually have 2 sides of the router involved, WAN on one
set of pairs and LAN on the other. The list goes on.

In the past, you might have located the router and modem in the same
place. That's gotten more difficult if your router is also a wireless
access point. Then it needs to be in a good location for RF, as well
as near the modem.

[snip]
--
Mark Lloyd